Saturday, July 25, 2009

Every Season

 Yesterday, I wandered across the creek into the small stand of woods behind our home, a remnant of the woods that once covered all of this part of the country.   The late spring rains has  kept me from  visiting  here   this spring.  But  carefully stepping my way through the creek, I was skipping up the bank once more, caring only to avoid the patches of poison ivy growing along the bank and into the woods.

DSC00144

Last spring I came often to these woods, searching for treasures.  In summer, I brought my chair and visited every day with God… sometimes getting on my knees in this  sanctuary of hickory nut trees.  I made promises on the hot humid days.  I kept returning throughout the autumn because coming here and meeting with my God were no longer  just pleasant intervals in my days but a necessity.  We shared our thoughts and each day I left full and looked forward to my next visit. With winter,  there were only occasional visits as it was often difficult trudging through the snow.  I finally brought my chair home.  The busyness of the woods was replaced with quietness but He was still there waiting for me as often as I could go.

I will go again today and hopefully tomorrow and settle into the fullness of the woods…the fullness of the season …the fullness of Him who waits for me.

Can this be redemption…returning to the fullness of God?

 

No comments: