Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Moments of Inspiration

Pepper, my dog, has been traumatized as he listened to the rain falling throughout the night. It seemed to go on and on and it promises to stay with us over the next few days.  The garbage men wore their raincoats today as they came along the country roads to each driveway.  The rain has stopped the tractors from going to the fields today. The rain has interrupted the colours.  We are all waiting. It has forced us to stop and consider what  each day brings… moments to experience God…fresh insights.  “I will incline mine ear.”  I will incline my heart.  Touch  each moment as they pass deeply into you, changing you.

She shall lean her ear

In many a secret place,

Where rivulets dance their wayward round

And beauty born of murmuring sound

Shall pass into her face.

                                                     Wordsworth

Let us not be indifferent to the  things we see and hear around us. Who knows what wisdom is to be learned in these quiet moments of inspiration as we incline our ears. These moments remind me how deeply I care.

No comments: