Monday, September 27, 2010

Excessive and Extreme

One morning recently, I walked downstairs to find a note on the kitchen counter  by my husband.  I think the cat had scratched him that morning and he was not in good humour.  It read something like the following:

You have 30 sheep, two chinchillas, three cats, two dogs- one of which is blind and deaf and has diabetes, a bird  (none of which earn us any money) and don’t you think that is a little excessive and extreme.”

I had to think.  Was I excessive?  All the cats were strays and wandered into my life.  He is right about the sheep.  They are eating machines and I haven’t yet  learned how to earn much money from them.  The chinchillas are really my daughter’s and one cat belongs to my other daughter who deposited her with us.  I do all the work for the animals but they have chewed the furniture and spoiled the wood floor and cost us a bundle at the vets….Am I excessive?

Yes, perhaps I am.  It is my weakness and yet  it is who I am.  I am also excessive and extreme about my faith. I have learned to treasure it as most of what I once had is slowly slipping through my hands.  My faith is what remains.

Without a doubt I believe that the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, covers us so completely all over that we are saved.  By His spirit, we are nurtured, made beautiful, saved from ourselves and the things of this world, saved for Him. It will come to a choice between the things of this world or the world to come... between life and death.  How more extreme can it be? His voice echoes through time, “What is it you want?” He waits to hear your answer.

No comments: