Monday, March 7, 2011

Memories Of My Education

I remember on Friday evenings, my mother, father, sister and I would travel to town for our once a week  shopping trip. Sometimes for a treat, we would stop for pizza, and finish up with a stop at the laundromat. While waiting for my parents to finish the laundry, my sister and I would walk down the street past a small Pentecostal Church. On hot summer evenings, they would open the doors allowing us to peak in...two little Presbyterian girls just staring in awe at the dancing, shouting and singing with tambourines.  It was truly an education.   Once home, we would be allowed to stay up late and be educated some more, as we watched Johnny Carson and our favourite movies stars. Miss those days when the world seemed safe and less confusing.
Here is one segment with Joan Fontaine and Johnny who I had a crush on.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuMy7pZswSE

No comments: